Our School, Shanti Deva Vidyalaya is an English medium CBSE based residential school which was established by the Buddhist Culture Preservation Society (BCPS) under the noble guidance and philanthropic care of H.E. the 13th Tsona Gontse Rinpoche in the year 1997 to meet the educational and cultural needs of the poor, deprived, orphans and the children from remote areas of Arunachal Pradesh.
The school got its affiliation under CBSE in 2007 with its affiliation number, CBSE/AFF/2220148/07/283456-59 Dated 06/12/2007 and the School Code: 35033. It was named after a great scholar Bodhisattva of the Nalanda University to churn out talented students by infusing the values cherished by the Great Shanti Deva, who was an embodiment of knowledge, morality and kindness.
The school is a Value Based School and we are aware that it is our values that shape how we behave, what we say and how we build relationships. At Shanti Deva Vidyalaya, we are committed to build a caring and supportive community in which every child can flourish. Here, we believe that we have a moral purpose and that should encourage our pupils to become a responsible citizen who can contribute positively to the society. The philosophy and ethos of our school is based on a positive work ethics, tolerance, respect and kindness. We promote these values through everything that we say and do. Our Students learn what values are, how to recognize them, and how to enact them. We equip our students with invaluable social skills and emotional intelligence to face the modern day challenges bravely and positively. We have developed a set of specific values that we teach the children in daily basis during assembly by engaging in specific value lesson.
The residential facilities are available in the school which offer spacious, furnished and secure rooms for each age group of students. There are attendants for juniors to assist them for all their academic and co-curricular requirements, including meal time, bed time, break time, recreation time and play time. Breakfast, Lunch and Snacks are provided to all students and staff, and Boarders get an additional evening meal. We also emphasis learning with activity based in a stress free atmosphere for which activity periods including computer, interactive classes etc. are assigned every day followed by team games in the afternoon.
To make learning creative, interesting, interactive and engaging, through a system which is constructive, comprehensive, practical and futuristic & stress free.” We aim to realize our mission by:
• Offering a creative, caring, innovative, stress free and harmonious learning environment for children.
• Imparting quality education through opportunities to discover, explore & experiment with hands on material.
• Providing lively curriculum; practical in approach, innovative in methods scholarly in content and global in scope.
• Developing communication skills to enable the students to express their thoughts and feelings fluently in a confident manner.
• Creating opportunities for learning basic life skills such as self-dependency, critical thinking & decision-making.
• Preparing children for the global challenges while maintaining the rich and indigenous Buddhist culture, heritage, morals and values.
• Facilitating a culture of lifelong learning.
The school works on a vision to prepare its students for facing the real life situations positively and more meaningfully seeking truth, virtue and freedom in everything. Besides CBSE syllabus, Bhoti language has been included as one of the main subjects in its curricula along with the core subjects taught under the NCERT syllabus with a view to preserve the traditional cultural heritage. The school is well equipped with computers, Science laboratory, Library and Smart Class for imparting education with the help of modern suitable teaching aids. The quality of education imparted by the school is evident from the consistent performances of our students in the annual examinations for more than two decades of its existence as also in co-curricular and extracurricular activities held in the district from time to time. The vision of our school extends beyond the narrow walls of classrooms and textbooks. At SDV, we believe that education is about preparing and equipping young people for life and just not for attending school. With this philosophy as our inspiration, SDV provides a stimulating environment where children enjoy learning and are encouraged to perform to the best of their abilities, in all areas of our extensive curriculum. In the school the children learn to accept responsibility, establishing self-discipline and gaining self-confidence both inside and outside the classroom. At SDV, we have always believed that, both teachers and parents play an important role in the growth and development of a child and it’s only through open communication, fruitful discussions and active participation that we can together lay a strong foundation for our children.
• To work for the improvement of the school with the united effort of the parents and school authorities.
• To help parents and teachers to acquire new knowledge and new skills for the guidance of the children.
• To follow the path set by H.E. T.G.Rimpoche in producing some exemplary scholars who would not only have knowledge and wisdom but also would go further in the world to spread love, compassion, harmony and peace in the society.